Mittwoch, 30. April 2008
Because I have holidays this week I used the day to go shopping with my best friend Natti. We had sushi and a lot of fun in berlins clothing shops. While driving to Friedrichstrasse we saw this cute pink Trabbi, which was part of a seight seeing caravan. The chain Natti is wearing is one of her fleamarket founds. It is beautiful and with it your always on time...
Dienstag, 29. April 2008
I've been to a friends birthday party where I joined the first barbecue of the season. They also had selfmade paella, which has been wonderful! We celebrated her birthday at a rooftop, which was decorated with lots of lights and candles and after midnight we also had an open fire place. This was a very good first babecue party and I can't wait for the next to come.
scarf: flamenco scarf
jewellery: h&m combined with penelopepup's vintage
Donnerstag, 24. April 2008
and Bolero. 2 very interesting fashion and lifestyle magazines with good written aticles and some nice photo series. I have got the feeling that the german magazines have lost their drive. It´s every month almoust the same, while the magazines from Switzerland pick up some very interesting stuff. Tomorrow I will go out in the city finding me these magazines!
...came twice. During my lunch-break I had the idea of eating the first ice of the year, while sitting outside in the sun. My boss has had the same idea and decided to bring an ice for her busy bees too. So today is my official ICE-DAY. And another thing had premier today:
I went out wearing ballerins - now I have happy feet.
ice: gas station
cardigan: gift from my mom
Mittwoch, 23. April 2008
The following text is a list of styling rules for Christian young women. I find it very irritating that it tells you what you are allowed to wear and how you look good but not sexy in such a detailed way. ...and at the same time they are selling this "fashion item" on their internet shop...
Fashion Show Clothing Guidelines
REMEMBER: This is NOT just a Fashion Show, and we are not just simply fashion models, we are ROLE MODELS!
Our goal is to show the public that it is possible to be stylish, cute, and MODEST!
All styles should flatter your figure, but not draw extreme attention to any certain area.
* the neck line should be no lower than 4 fingers below the collar bone
* no very thin or sheer material
* may not be too tight in the bust area
* should not allow the shape of the bra to be seen in the back (if you can it's too tight)
* cannot be spandex or very tight shirts
* the backs should be modest, i.e. no strappy backs, halter or missing backs — tank tops should not be modeled without a shirt, jacket, or sweater over them
* should not be too tight, especially in the seat or the thigh area
* should fit well, but not be "skin-tight", you should be able to pull them away from the leg
* shorts should be modest - no very short and/or tight shorts; if you put your arms down straight at the side, and the bottom of the shorts is higher than your longest finger, then the shorts are too short. (Remember, we will be on an elevated runway and everything will look a bit shorter to the audience.)
* make sure there are no "panty lines" on stage. If necessary, wear pantyhose or a "thigh shaper" to hold everything in and create a smooth appearance in your clothing.
Skirts and Dresses
* cannot be very tight fitting (follow shirt guidelines)
* should not have too thin of material; if needed, a slip should be worn.
* can be no shorter that 4 fingers above the top of the kneecap.
* must have a modest neck line (no lower than 4 fingers below the collar bone)
* no thin straps (i.e. spaghetti straps)
* if necessary, a dress with straps two fingers wide may be worn, if the whole dress is very modest... and no bra straps can be seen — but must be worn!
Undergarments should never become outer-garments, no exposed bra straps etc.
More Pure Fashion Guidelines
When buying clothes and dressing to express your dignity as a classy young lady:
1. Remember that first impressions are important. People who never get to speak to you or listen to you can still see you. How do you want them to remember you?
2. Remember that you live in many different positions, even if you are not in yoga class! You sit, stand, lean over, climb up stairs with people behind you, and sit at tables facing speakers, bosses or teachers. How do your clothes or lack of clothes appear to the people who are next to you, above you and below you in all your daily positions?
3. Blouses and shirts that are too loose can be as immodest as tight ones. If the neckline droops from your body when you bend over, guess what everyone can see? (The body parts that your blouse was designed to cover!) If the armpit is too loose, think about the view of the person standing next to you — right to the inside!
4. Blouses that button sometimes have see through gaps between the buttons, so consider if there is a side view to the inside, this may not be the blouse to buy or wear. Or is it too tight and comes unbuttoned easily? You may need to wear a full slip or tank top underneath.
5. Lift your arms up over your head when you look in the mirror. Does your back or belly show? If so, you need a longer look or a layer underneath.
6. If you wear a skirt that is too short and go up stairs at work, church or school, guess what shows to the people behind you on the stairs? What else happens when you sit down? (The skirt rides up and your upper thighs are exposed, or worse yet, your underwear can be seen.)
7. Many of today's V-necks have plunged to all new "lows"! They can even become more revealing when worn by short or medium height girls. Layer your tops so that your private parts remain private.
8. If it is summer and you are wearing lightweight clothing, make sure that your undergarments are doing their job protecting your modesty. Try an extra lined bra for the months that it is too warm to dress in layers. If you wear light colored pants, how thick is the fabric and how loose are they? How solid is your underwear? Also, choose a bra that has a little padding to help disguise you when you are cold
9. Let your clothes be an advertisement of your dignity as a young lady. Be careful about dressing "grungy" even if it is modest. Typically, how you dress and how you act will correspond. If you're dressed "sloppily", you're more likely to act "sloppily". If you're dressed like a young lady, you're more likely to act like a young lady.
10. Finally, walk, stand and sit with dignity. Think of yourself as a person who deserves respect. Ask for it by the way you dress.
Affiliate of Mission Network.
Sponsored by Regnum Christi: Love Christ, Serve People, Build the Church.
© 2008, Catholic Mission Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
Sonntag, 20. April 2008
... is done. Yesterday has been the day of moving together. With the help of our friends (thanks a lot!) we moved all of our stuff in the new flat. Now we're living in boxes. They are in every room and they won't go away. But we won't give up! This morning we took a time out from all the boxes and went out to have brakefast at a small cafe called "bar labar". Eric is wearing a t-shirt of tim&eric.com- from the american tv show "TIM AND ERIC AWESOME SHOW, GREAT JOB".
Freitag, 18. April 2008
A friend of mine is going to chicago next month and ask me to go through the website of "urban outfitters" to find me something good for my birthday in june.
I know that urban outfitters is something very boring for people in the U.S.A. but we in Europe think that it has a lot of good pieces. Clicking through the website I found a series of interesting feather - headbands. Because I don´t wanna order it - I thought that this is a very simple thing to "do it yourself". When the move and the renovation is done, I´ll try it out. You only have to get a headband / barrette, glue and some feathers (see self-made instruction).
Mittwoch, 16. April 2008
Dienstag, 15. April 2008
Yesterday Eric and I went to the supermarket to find us something good for dinner. When we came out on the streets, it looked like the end of the world was near. After having the pictures done we went back home and the second we reached the entrance it started raining and hailing. We lucky devils! I made this disgusted face because the garbage cans in the back didn´t smell that good...
Montag, 14. April 2008
"RETRO" could be a synonym for: becoming fat.
The explanation: After having this great asian food we had the wish to get a good coffee and something sweet. Accidentally we found the small coffee lounge called "RETRO" and there you find the best cake ever!!! I had a New York cheese cake and Eric had one with caramel. I didn´t wanna stop eating and I was kind of sad, when my piece of cake had been eaten up.
Look at my feets. They´ve never been as nice as on this picture. I´ve been looking for red shoes since last year, when my pair of red heels broke and now I found these - for only 25€. Because weather had been wonderful Eric and I walked around "Schöneberg" and spotted a new Vietnamese restaurant with excellent food and a very decorative hole in the wall.
17 years ago a star was born... My little sister! We celebrated her birthday in a bar called "Muschi Obermeier". It was decorated with pictures of Uschi Obermaier and Jimmy Hendrix. We sat on old sofas and armchairs and listened to music from the seventies.
Freitag, 11. April 2008
Donnerstag, 10. April 2008
Mittwoch, 9. April 2008
Yea! Today I saw the sun and had the chance to wear my new shades. I found this black jacket on ebay and got it for a few euros. The pink flowers are wonderful and I cant wait till its warm outside. I wanna wear skirts, flip flops, a tank top and this jacket. I wanna sit outside again!!!
shades: new yorker